DBS>Interactive is looking for a visual designer. The ideal candidate has a passion for synthesizing brand, user experience and business requirements into well-crafted design solutions. All applicants should bring a level of skill that is equal to or beyond the work/expertise you see on our current website and digital portfolio.
We are an award-winning digital agency located in downtown Louisville, less than a block from Fourth Street Live. We enjoy a fast-paced environment that encourages team cooperation, personal growth, and most of all we love creating beautiful user-centric products. All employees are expected to have expertise, natural ability, the drive to maintain cutting edge skills and most of all the passion to become a dynamic part of our long-term success.
This is a salaried position with benefits. Salary is based on demonstrated experience and skill.
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices and apps
- Design logos, icons and infographics
- Participate in design ideation sessions and discussions with clients
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Review websites for quality and design consistency
- Provide website assets for developers
- Help to perform design-related marketing and maintenance tasks
- Track time and tasks in our PM system and meet project deadlines
- Design Portfolio Required
- Proficient in design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision App, and Sketch
- Has a solid foundation in typography, layout, and design
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to discuss design decisions
- Ability to effectively take direction and constructive design advice
- Has a penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- Has a basic understanding of technical limitations of development
- Knowledge of Sketch / Illustrator / Invision App
- Knowledge of Drupal, WordPress, or other CMS
- Basic Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge of user experience (UX) research practices
- Unquenchable desire to learn and grow
If you possess the above qualifications and share our passion for the web, we’d love to talk to you! Simply fill the web form on this page, attach your résumé (note: A portfolio is required), and submit.
Job Type: Full-time