New Business Strategist
We’re looking for a results-driven new business and marketing professional who will work directly with our CEO to attract new clients for website, software, marketing, and digital strategy work.
New Business Strategist will join a growing, nimble agency team serving a variety of B2C, B2B, and nonprofit clients.
Primarily, you be responsible for managing multiple ongoing projects in the sales pipeline. You will be articulating our core value proposition through phone calls, in-person meetings, proposals, pitch decks, case studies, and more. This is a position with potential advancement opportunities within the organization.
Our ideal candidate is willing to try new things, learn new skills, and meaningfully contribute to the host of challenging and interesting projects that a full-service digital agency works on–all with a good attitude and a sense of humor.
- DBS Sales (primary – approximately 80% of job)
- Partner with the CEO to identify and qualify leads
- Write outstanding website, software, and marketing proposals for a variety of projects
- Coordinate and implement outreach and follow-up strategies for all new business clients
- Maintain CRM with updated sales leads, detailed notes, and future opportunities
- Track all sales inquiries, both over the phone and through the website
- Create presentations for sales and pitch meetings
- Participate in sales and pitch meetings
- Continually edit, rewrite, and refine standard project language for use by the sales and client services team
- Communicate with relevant team members on project and proposal needs
- Sell DBS as an LGBT-owned, woman-owned, and disability-owned business
- Attend conferences, as needed
- DBS Marketing support (secondary – approximately 20% of job)
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to improve DBS-branded collateral
- Assist with writing and editing marketing collateral, website content, blogs, infographics, press releases, social media content, and more
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of sales, customer service, or client services experience.
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and terminology
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- A sunny disposition, thick skin, and a professional demeanor even in gale-force conditions
- Kindness, kindness, and more kindness
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Robust benefits package: Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance
- 401k matching
- Weekly massages
- The best coworkers in Louisville (we mean it)
This full-time role is on site at our office in the heart of downtown Louisville, KY. Remote candidates will not be considered.
Note: We are unable to provide work sponsorship for this position.